Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Gush Katif Rally Reports



Thank you to a number of people for sending me the photos of the outside of Yeshivah Shul. They clearly show the Israeli flag on the fence. I personally don't have a problem with that but I can understand that to some it represents the non-religious state of Israel rather than Eretz Yisroel.

I have had various reports from the rally last night. Numbers attending ranged from 600 to 1000 - depending on who was reporting it - with approximately 40 protesters from Hashomer Hatzair youth group. Of those attending approximately 70-80% were kids and youngsters.

The official report from the rally organisers says that there were 1000 people in attendance at the Werdiger Hall. I could not find any reports on the web about it so it obviously didn't attract the (positive or negative) attention suggested here. Even the Aust Friends of Gush Katif website didn't have a report up yet just the statement that it was "a great success".